Oklahoma Social Security Disability Attorney - Tulsa, OK
Social security disability payments in the United States each year, social security benefits are one of the most difficult government payments to obtain.
In fact, most social security disability benefit applications are rejected on their first attempt - with many people often being discouraged from trying to file again.
If you or someone you love has been denied social security disability benefits, we can help. The attorneys at the Edwards Law Firm are well-versed in social security benefit laws and can help Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas residents determine if they are eligible for disability payments.
To find out more, please contact us on 1-800-304-9246 or simply fill out the "Free Case Review" form located to the right - it's 100% FREE and we will contact you shortly.
Types of Social Security Benefits
If you can no longer work, there are monthly cash benefits you can receive from the federal government because you have been injured, you have an illness, or you have a medical condition that is getting worse. There are four primary benefits plans that are available to those that qualify.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): those that have worked at least five of the last 10 years and have been injured so severely that they are unable to return to work, are often eligible for this type of benefit.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): similar to SSDI benefits, SSI benefits base their payment on the existing income of the applicant - not on how much they've earned in the past.
- Widowers & Disabled Widowers Benefits: after the death of a spouse, this benefit package provides compensation to widows and widowers that have become disabled after the death of their spouse. HOWEVER, there is a time limit that these benefits must be applied for.
- Disabled Adult Child Benefits: this benefit plan is designed for those that have become disabled by the age of 22 years, who also either deceased parents, or parents that are also receiving Social Security benefits.
It's also worth noting that Social Security benefits are paid to both rich and poor - it does not matter if the applicant is wealthy or not. If they are eligible, they can be received.
What Are The Requirements?
As with most benefits programs that are controlled by the Federal government, there are certain criteria that must be met in order to quality for those benefits.
For Social Security Disability payments, that list of requirements includes:
- your injury MUST meet the definition of "severe impairment" as determined by the government
- your injury MUST prevent you from performing ANY available work
- your injury prevents you from working at your former job
- you MUST be unemployed when you file for benefits in order to receive them
While many applicants may meet these criteria, there can be other factors involved that can cause an application to be rejected. At the law offices of The Edwards Law Firm, our lawyers can help ensure that your strongest case is put forward.
Important Documents To Provide With Your Application
There can be a variety of different documents that are required to be included with your application, however, by providing some easily-obtained information to our attorneys, we can help to get things started more quickly.
Just some of the documents you must provide will include:
- Someone (often a doctor) who knows about your medical conditions
- The names of medicines you are taking and who prescribed them
- Names and dates of medical tests you have had and who sent you for them
- Information on the last 5 jobs you worked
- Information about any insurance or workers' compensation claims you filed
If you are unsure of the information that you currently have available, contact one of our attorneys today to find out if that information is enough to begin the reapplication process.
What Does It Cost To Hire An Attorney From The Edwards Law Firm?
At the Edwards Law Firm, we are compassionate to those that are in need of social security disability benefits. With that in mind, we offer a 100% FREE initial case review, that allows potential clients to submit the details of their rejected application to our attorneys, who will review the information and determine if we can help with your next filing.
We also work on a contingency-only basis, which means that we only charge you for our fees and services if we obtain a successful settlement or verdict for your case.
Need Help? Contact The Edwards Law Firm Today
Due to the many fraudulent attempts that are made by ineligible people, the lodgment system is designed to make it difficult to obtain these types of benefits - which results in the application process being long and frustrating for most applicants.
However, with the help of our qualified Social Security lawyers, we can do the hard work for you. If you are suffering an illness or disability, the last thing you need is to become frustrated, stressed or emotional about the SSDI or SSI system.
The entire team of lawyers and staff at The Edwards Law Firm are here to assist you in attempting to collect what is rightfully yours.
If you or someone you know has been turned down for disability benefits, contact us on 1-800-304-9246 to find out how our Oklahoma Social Security Disability Attorney can help you today. We offer 100% FREE case assessments and only get paid if our clients receive compensation from their lawsuit.
To start now, simply fill out the "Free Case Evaluation" form located at the top of this page and we will contact you shortly after receiving your message.