Types of Medical Malpractice in Oklahoma
Were you or a loved one injured because of a negligent medical professional but are unsure if you have grounds for a medical malpractice case? Has a family member passed away due to a doctor ignoring a life-threatening condition like cancer or a heart attack? If so, contact The Edwards Law Firm right away at 800-304-9246 to discuss your situation with an experienced medical malpractice legal team who gives personalized attention to every client.
Our team of medical malpractice lawyers understands the complex facets of medical negligence, as well as the devastating and overwhelming realities that come with this type of injury. With a track record of success, you can trust that our team that will guide you through the litigation process and help you get monetary compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
Schedule a free consultation today through our online case evaluation form.
What is Medical Malpractice
When a medical professional fails to act or does something that causes injury or harm to a patient, it is referred to as medical negligence and that negligence can lead to injury or death.
With medical malpractice lawsuits, there are two important components that must be proven:
- A healthcare professional including nurses, technicians and doctors made a mistake or failed to do something when treating a patient
- The patient was harmed due to the medical health professionals mistake
If you believe that your doctor has acted outside the standard of care appropriate for their profession, contact the medical malpractice lawyers you can trust to keep your best interests at the forefront. Complete a Free Case Evaluation form to speak with a representative today.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can manifest in a variety of ways. Here are some of the most common types of medical malpractice:
Medication mistakes Medication errors, whether the wrong dosage, the wrong medication or a bad medication interaction, can cause serious injuries or even death.
Nursing home injuries There are times nursing homes may not keep up the necessary quality of care and residents could suffer from dehydration, malnutrition, abuse, or other serious consequences.
Pregnancy, labor, delivery and birth injuries When expectant mothers or their babies are injured, professional legal advice from a firm like The Edwards Law Firm may be necessary.
Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis When medical professionals do not properly diagnose patients or fail to diagnose an illness, patients may suffer irreparable harm and undergo unnecessary medical treatments such as surgery.
Surgical errors Patients undergo surgery with the belief that it will help them. When a surgeon, nurse, anesthesiologist or other medical staff makes a mistake, patients can leave with more serious injuries than prior to undergoing surgery. Some errors are fatal.
If your doctor made a medical mistake or if you have suffered from any of the above injuries, call 800-304-9246 today for a free consultation with our team of experienced medical malpractice lawyers.
What can you do to protect yourself from medical malpractice?
There are things you can do that may protect yourself or a family member from medical malpractice. Here are five ways that could ensure you do not become a statistic:
- Bring an advocate to medical appointments. This person can speak up for you as needed, take notes or help you to understand what you need to do after you leave your appointment.
- Keep a log of symptoms and medical conditions. While your doctor should have your medical history, it is a good idea to have a written list of the medicines you are taking, when your pain worsens, and which medical conditions you have. This information becomes even more important when you are seeing multiple specialists.
- Bring your prescription bottles with you. When you are seeing a doctor for the first time, bring your prescription bottles in a secure bag so that your doctor will know your exact dosage and medication names.
- Research your medical provider. Ask trusted family and friends for referrals and treat finding a new doctor like you would if you were making a large purchase.
- Keep notes from past medical appointments. In case you need to reference a past visit in the future, it is a good idea to keep a notebook or online log of past visits. Jot down what the doctor said, any medicines that were prescribed and adverse reactions you may have had to any medications.
Our Promise to You
At The Edwards Law Firm, you and your loved ones are our priorities. We are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you deserve for your suffering. If you have been injured due to the negligence of a medical professional, we will prepare and present the facts of your medical claim. We will act as your compass through the sometimes complex and confusing legal maze of medical malpractice lawsuits.
Schedule Your Medical Malpractice Consultation Today
Your first step is to contact us immediately for a free and confidential consultation. If you think that you deserve monetary compensation because you were injured due to medical malpractice, fill out our online contact form . A team member will review your case and guide you in your next step. With locations in Dallas and Tulsa, we are dedicated to defending the rights of the injured in Texas and Oklahoma.