Wrongful Death Settlement Information
A wrongful death settlement may come before a lawsuit goes to trial, or it may be awarded by a jury. You have a right to compensation if a relative has died as a result of the actions of someone else, either from their negligence or done intentionally. The results we have achieved for our clients in wrongful death cases speak for themselves.
If you are seeking a wrongful death settlement, call our attorneys, toll-free, at 800-304-9246. We have offices in Oklahoma, Arkansas and in Texas. Your initial consultation is free.
Reasons to Pursue a Wrongful Death Settlement
- You believe that the victim was killed by the person being sued (for example, a negligent driver, or a murderer). There may be more than one victim.
- You believe that an entity (for example, a company, hospital, or a trucking company) caused the death.
- You believe that as the victims survivors, you are entitled to a wrongful death settlement, to receive money for damages, as a result of the killing of your loved one.
Who Can Seek Damages in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Those that have suffered and are deserving of compensation; this can include a spouse, children and sometimes other next of kin. Our wrongful death attorneys can advise you on this.
We have made wrongful death legal action a main practice area of our law firm. We have extensive trial experience. From the day you ask us to pursue your case, we begin preparing to go to trial. When the lawyers for the other side understand that you are making an aggressive legal case for a wrongful death settlement, they may prefer to avoid going to court. Many of these cases are settled before a trial. While we never promise an outcome, we believe that vigorously investigating and planning a lawsuit has a positive effect.
Monetary Damages in a Wrongful Death Settlement
- Loss of the income the victim would have earned
- Loss of companionship and support, advice and protection
- Mental anguish
- The pain and suffering of the victim before he or she died
- Punitive damages (punishment) in cases of severe wrongdoing or cruel acts on the person or entity
We are able to use top experts who can determine that there is an actual dollar value on the loss you have endured. There is no compensation for the loss of a loved one, but you are entitled to ask for payment for the damage of having to live the rest of your life without them.
Wrongful Death Lawyers
You will see from the start that we care about our clients. In fact we often become friends with the families who have asked us to pursue a wrongful death settlement. We stay in touch, as friends do. The fact is, these kinds of cases seldom end quickly, and so we are with you for weeks. We come to know the survivors as well as the kind of person the victim was. Our philosophy is to be gentle and compassionate with the grieving relatives, and very forceful with the other side.
We will forcefully make your case for a wrongful death settlement. Contact the Oklahoma injury attorneys at Edwards Law Firm today for a free consultation.