It’s that famous cliché phrase everyone’s heard at least once: accidents happen. Sometimes, when those accidents do happen, it’s not always our fault, but we still sometimes suffer at the cost of someone else’s negligence. That’s when a personal injury lawyer can help. At The Edwards Law Firm in Tulsa, Oklahoma, our attorneys offer assistance for a variety of personal injury practice areas. Our team of personal injury lawyers work hard to find you the justice you deserve — contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation!
If you’re unsure about personal injury law and its purpose, don’t sweat it. In this blog, we go over some main topics clients should know about personal injury lawyers and personal injury law.
Who practices personal injury law?
A lawyer who offers their legal expertise to clients that have been injured as a result of the negligence of another person or entity. These injuries could be physical or psychological, and “entity” incorporates companies, businesses, government agencies or other institutions.
Personal injury lawyers strive to make bad situations right, and ultimately aim to deter persons and entities from allowing injuries or other offenses to occur again. They take on cases from their inceptions and bring them to fruition, as most civil litigators do. Some typical tasks they must complete for their clients include the following:
- Balance different cases and be wary of deadlines
- Investigate claims of potential clients
- Evaluate merit of each individual case
- Gather evidence and research case law
- Draft pleadings, motions and discovery
- Interview witnesses
- Prepare for trial and advocate during trial
- Counsel clients
Personal injury lawyers must earn a legitimate law degree from an accredited institution and pass the written bar examination in the state they practice in. You can learn more about our highly experienced and reputable lawyers at The Edwards Law Firm here.
What exactly does a personal injury lawyer do?
Personal injury lawyers assist their clients with finding the best means of compensation for their injuries and accident-related expenses. Personal injury law is a branch of tort law, which essentially includes laws that pertain to civil wrongdoings.
For example, if you are suffering from a brain injury due to an automobile collision that was not your fault, a personal injury lawyer could find means of how you could be compensated for loss of wages, any medical expenses, your pain and suffering, and more. By utilizing their skills as attorneys and knowledge working as a personal injury lawyer, they have the ability to help clients successfully navigate the legal system.
There are also very niche types of personal injury lawyers. For example, personal injury attorneys who tackle auto accident could specialize in ATV rollover accidents, specifically. This type of law can get very specific, but remember this — the more specific an attorney’s specialization, the more likely they’ll be able to offer triumphant assistance.
Some practice areas that we cover at The Edwards Law Firm include the following, and we’ve explained when you could benefit from legal services for each category:
- Auto Accident: If you or someone close to you are experiencing personal injury issues from an automobile collision that was not your fault.
- Birth Injury: If your baby is negligently injured during childbirth.
- Nursing Home Abuse: If you or an elder you love has been abused or has experienced negligence in a nursing home.
- Motorcycle Accident: If you or someone you love is struggling from the aftermath of an Oklahoma motorcycle crash that was no fault of your own.
- Medical Malpractice: If you or someone close to you believe you did not receive proper care or attention from medical providers, ranging from physicians to dentists to hospital technicians.
- Personal Injury: If you or someone close to you has experienced suffering or other issues after personal injury that was no fault of your own.
- Wrongful Death: If someone you love has passed because of negligent actions of another person or entity.
- Truck Accident: If you or someone close to you has been in an automobile accident with a truck, semi-trailer or other large piece of heavy equipment and are experiencing personal issues.
If you think you could get help from our professional personal injury lawyers, schedule a free case evaluation with The Edwards Law Firm.
When do you need a personal injury lawyer?
If you are experiencing any issues that only presented themselves after you were personally injured in a careless situation that was no fault of your own, you could likely benefit from hiring a personal injury lawyer. There are a variety of issues you could be facing, including the following:
- Large medical expenses
- Personal pain and suffering
- Loss of wages or income due to not being able to work in your condition
Though you are not required by law to have a personal injury lawyer represent you in a personal injury case, these types of lawyers specialize in this type of law because they know it best and work within it every single day.
Why should you consider hiring a personal injury lawyer?
Personal injury lawyers are in the business to stand up for the little guys against large persons and entities. Drawing on their formal education and experiences, they can level the field by negotiating balanced settlements, navigating the legal system and trial processes, and fighting for the compensation and justice you deserve.
Basically, when you hire a personal injury lawyer, you have someone in your corner who will find the best possible solution for a terrible situation you involuntarily were placed in.
Choose The Edwards Law Firm To Represent Your Case
Our personal injury lawyers at The Edwards Law Firm in Tulsa have helped clients win millions in compensation for the wrongdoings they’ve endured at no fault of their own. We believe in standing up for what’s right and we strive to protect our clients from falling victim to insurance companies and the legal system.
For a free case evaluation or to schedule an appointment with one of our personal injury lawyers, call us at (918) 221-0516 or at our toll-free number at (888) 600-9836 during business hours. You can also fill out our online form at your earliest convenience.