Being an involved party of an auto accident is an overwhelming and frustrating life situation that happens to us when we least expect it to. According to data from 2009, about 100 people were injured …Read More
Experienced Tulsa Pharmaceutical Litigation Attorneys
In 1992, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) passed a law that allowed themselves to put many medications on an accelerated path to being approved for distribution and use throughout the United States.
By combining this law with the fact that pharmaceutical companies are now allowed to market directly at consumers has seriously increased the risk of personal injury to many victims across the country.
The reason for this is largely because these drugs are rushed onto the market before government officials, testing agencies and the manufacturers themselves have less time to fully investigate any long-term injuries or side effects that they drugs may produce.
If you are considering pharmaceutical litigation due to side effects that you have suffered from risky prescription drugs, be sure to call our dangerous drug attorneys at the Edwards Law Firm now. We will evaluate your case, and be able to advise you on the best way to move forward with proceedings.
To find out more, call us today at 1-800-304-9246 for your free case review. There are no upfront fees and we are ready to help you today.
Current Prescription Drug Litigation
If you have been injured or suffered serious side effects from any of the following products, you may be eligible to seek compensation in pharmaceutical litigation:
- Actos (Diabetes Medicine linked to an increased risk of bladder cancer)
- Antidepressants like Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Effexor, Lexapro, Pristiq and Prozac; they increase risk of some birth defects)
- Avandia (A diabetes medication; liked to heart problems)
- Duragesic (Pain medication; can lead to overdose)
- Fentanyl (Pain patch; can lead to overdose)
- Femur Fracture (Osteoporosis medication; can actually cause bone loss)
- Gadolinium (A contrast agent used with MRIs; can cause kidney failure and Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis)
- GranuFlo and NaturaLyte (Dialysis treatment; linked to heart attack, cardiopulmonary arrest, and cardiac death)
- Levaquin (An antibiotic; can damage tendons)
- Mirena IUD (A t-shaped contraceptive device; reported cases of uterine perforation)
- Ortho-evra (A birth control patch; linked to heart attack, blood clots and stroke)
- Provigil (treats sleep disorders; can cause a serious skin disease)
- Risperdal (an antipsychotic medication; can lead to diabetes and hypoglycemia)
- Testosterone Therapy (side effects include heart attack, stroke, and death)
- Topamax (for seizures and migraines; may raise risk of birth defects like cleft palate)
- Trasylol (used to reduce risks of blood transfusions in cardiac patients; can increase risk of death and kidney damage)
- Yaz (birth control pill that can raise risk of blood clots, strokes and heart attacks)
At the law offices of The Edwards Law Firm, we firmly believe that negligent individuals and corporations must be held accountable for their actions. We are not intimidated by the large pharmaceutical and manufacturing corporations that produce these dangerous products, and will fight for your MAXIMUM compensation benefit in a court of law.
Example of Pharmaceutical Drug Litigation
Prescription drug litigation involves drugs on the market that should not be there at all; or the discovery of damage caused by long term use; medication recalls due to dangerous side effects and deaths; and risks not made clear when the product was put on the market.
In the 1990s, they started marketing brand name drugs directly to consumers, pressuring doctors to prescribe what patients saw advertised rather than tried and true remedies. During the late 90s, the US Food and Drug Administration relaxed requirements for listing side effects and allowed greater cross marketing of medications.
One example, now involved in mass tort litigation, is Topamax. After this anti-seizure medication started being prescribed for migraine headaches, there was an increase in babies born with cleft palate to women who used the drug during pregnancy an avoidable risk that resulted from inadequate warnings.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Started?
At our firm, we have a strong belief that everyone should have access to comprehensive legal counsel. With this in mind, we proudly work on a contingency-basis. What this means is that we do NOT charge you for our fees and services unless we obtain a settlement for you.
We also offer a 100% FREE CASE REVIEW, which allows potential clients to submit the details about their injury, so that our team can determine if they have grounds to file a claim. If so, we can then guide you on the best way to move forward with it.
How To Contact Our Pharmaceutical Drug Attorneys
Deciding to pursue prescription drug claim may feel a little like David taking on Goliath, because these giant companies have very deep pockets. However, with over $100 MILLION in successful verdicts and settlements for our customers, the experienced regional talent of our law team has the knowledge and resources to handle your personal injury litigation.
With over 50 years of combined experience seeking and winning compensation for clients in pharmaceutical lawsuits and wrongful death cases. We are AV rated by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review a gold standard for ethical and effective law practice – and have successfully litigated one of Oklahoma’s largest wrongful death awards in history.
Our litigation attorneys practice in Oklahoma City OK, Tulsa, McAlester, Norman, Edmond, Broken Arrow, Lawton, Muskogee, Midwest City and Moore; Fort Smith AR, Springdale and Fayetteville; McKinney TX, Frisco, Plano and Sherman.
To find out how we can help, please contact us on 1-800-304-9246 where you will be greeted by a member of our intake team, who will collect some information about your case and then quickly refer you to one of our attorneys to discuss the merits of your potential claim.