Slip and Fall Information – Lawyer, Tulsa, OK
In a recent report issued by the National Safety Council, it was noted that slip and fall injuries are the leading cause of non-fatal injuries in the workplace, with almost 15% of all occupational deaths being accounted to fall-related accidents.
Often regarded as one of the most common injuries in a working environment, many incidents are simply not reported due to the victims feeling embarrassed by the accident or out of fear that they will be persecuted by their employers.
At the law offices of The Edwards Law Firm, our Tulsa slip and fall lawyer can help victims of slip and fall accidents to recover compensation for injuries that they may have sustained – including any treatment costs that may be related to their injury. We offer free case assessments and only get paid when we win.
Frequent Causes Of Slip Related Injuries
While there can be many causes of slip and fall injuries – both in and out of the workplace – there are consistent areas and situations that can contribute to a person falling or slipping unintentionally.
Some of these can include (but are not limited to):
- uneven sidewalk surfaces
- outside areas that offer little grip in wet conditions
- unexpected changes in flooring levels
- lack of a grip rail
- faulty escalators
- narrow or slippery stairs and staircases
- bunched carpeting
- poor lighting conditions
- transitional areas (example: wood to tile flooring)
It’s important to note that in the event of an injury, many states have a set time limit that victims have to file a compensation claim. If you are a resident of Oklahoma, Texas or Arkansas, contact our attorneys today on 1-800-304-9246 to find out the limits in your states.
The Primary Types Of Slip And Fall Accidents
The most common premises liability claims are slip and fall accidents. While there can be different types of liability in some cases, most often it is the property owners responsibility to keep the premises in safe condition.
With this in mind, there are four primary types of claims:
- Trip and fall – when there is a foreign object in the walking path that is not normally there or should not be there
- Stump and fall – if there is an obstruction or impediment on the walking surface
- Step and fall – if there is an unexpected failure or hole in the walking surface, such as a missing manhole cover
- Slip and fall – should the interface of the shoe and the floor fails, usually caused by a spill of some kind
If you have been injured and are unsure if you have grounds to file a claim, contact us today. We proudly offer a 100% FREE initial case review to all of our new clients, which allows our customers to submit the details of their incident to our lawyers, who will review the information and then determine if there is sufficient evidence to file suit.
Types Of Injuries That Can Be Sustained
Needless to say, there can be a wide variety of injuries that can be sustained by a slip and fall accident victim – ranging from minor to life-threatening.
Some of these can include:
- Broken tailbone
- Brain / skull fracture
- Twisted ankle / wrist
- Neck strain
- Pinched nerves
- Chipped teeth
…. just to name a few.
At our firm, we understand that the associated medical and rehabilitation costs of any injury can be crippling for many families. With this in mind, we offer our services on a contingency-only basis. What this means is that we only charge for our fees and services if we obtain a verdict or settlement for your case.
Important Steps for Victims of Slip and Fall Accidents
If you have been injured on the property of another business or individual, there are some important steps that should be taken to help your claim.
- Report the incident to the property owner immediately
- Gather the contact information of all eyewitnesses of the accident
- Take pictures of the hazard before the property owner fixes it to support your claim
- Save all evidence related to the accident, including shoes and clothing
- Take photographs of all injuries suffered from the fall
- Obtain a copy of the incident report from the property owner
- Keep copies of all medical bills and keep track of all time missed from work
It’s important to remember that specific details of events often fade over time, with witnesses often not remembering exactly what happened in an accident only a few days after the incident. By collecting as much information at the time of the accident (or shortly thereafter), can help your attorney construct a much stronger case for your injury compensation claim.
Need Help? Contact Our Slip and Fall Lawyer Today
If you or someone you love has suffered and injury due to a slip and fall accident, the attorneys at our firm can help to explore your legal options today.
We have decades of experience helping injury victims throughout Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas, having won over $100 MILLION in successful verdicts and settlements for our clients.
To find out how we can help you, please contact us on 1-800-304-9246 – a member from our intake staff will collect some information about your incident and then connect you with one of our lawyers to further discuss the merits of your potential lawsuit.