When an accident occurs, there are so many things that are going through your mind. Is there damage that’s happened? Is anyone hurt? What do you do next? It’s these types of questions that are goi…Read More
Truck Underride Collision Information
A truck underride accident happens when a smaller vehicle collides with a larger truck, sliding underneath the rear or side of the truck.
To determine if you qualify for a truck underride collision lawsuit, schedule a no-obligation consultation with a member of our legal team by completing the Free Case Evaluation form on this page.
Types of Underride Collisions
An underride collision can be classified as either a rear underride accident or a side underride wreck. As can be assumed by their names, a rear underride collision happens when a vehicle goes under the rear of the much larger truck, and a side underride accident occurs when the smaller vehicle slides underneath the side of a truck.
Causes of Truck Underride Accidents
There are several factors that can cause a truck underride crash. The following circumstances can result in an underride collision:
- Dim, dirty or faulty taillights on the truck.
- An extremely slow moving truck and a driver who fails to turn on emergency flashers.
- A broken down truck and a driver who does not properly use reflective triangles.
- Inadequate or inoperative side safety lighting when a driver is either turning or obstructing a lane of traffic.
- A truck that is moving significantly slower than all other vehicles on the road.
Truck Underride Collision Lawsuits
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck underride collision, we believe that you deserve both compassion and compensation for your losses. Through a truck accident lawsuit, you may be eligible to recover damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.