Roadway Construction Accidents
As we can assume, roadway construction accidents are the cause of many accidents throughout Oklahoma and the United States. There are a number of contributing factors that put everyone at risk in these construction zones and our likelihood of being involved in a life-threatening injury substantially increases in these zones.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an truck accident in Oklahoma that was caused by the negligence of another individual, our attorneys may be able to help you seek financial and legal recourse for your losses. You may be entitled to compensation for current and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and even wrongful death damages if the crash resulted in the death of a loved one.
For additional information, complete the Free Case Review on this page Its 100% FREE
Causes of a Road Construction Accident
Construction workers must take special precautions to ensure the safety of individuals traveling though construction zones. Although these workers might do everything in their power to keep people safe, isn't uncommon that accidents still happen being either the workers fault or the fault of the individual traveling through the area. Some common general causes of a road construction accident include:
- Construction equipment left in roadway
- Passenger vehicle collisions with construction vehicles
- Failing to signal oncoming motorists
- Poor warning signs
- Lose ground causing skidding
- Missing traffic signs
- Merging issues
- Distracted drivers
- Texting while driving
Of course, the number of construction accidents could be greatly reduced if people were made more aware of the huge risks of driving in these areas. In most cases signs reading traffic fines doubled in work zones do not always seem to get the point across to reduce speeds and drive more safely. If you have been injured as a result of the negligence of another individual, you could be eligible to receive compensation for your losses.
To learn more, fill out the Free Case Review form on this page Its FREE.
Roadway Construction Statistics
- 160 fatalities and 11,000 injuries are related dangerous pavement edge drop offs
- 4,700 fatalities and 200,000 injuries are related to construction zone accidents in the last five years
- 85 percent of fatalities in construction zones are attributed to passenger vehicles, not construction workers
- 162 commercial trucks and busses were involved in construction zone accidents in 2009
Construction Zone Safety Tips
There is a common saying when it comes to driving in construction zones, which can also be applied to everyday driving situations. The saying is follow the three ss, speed, space and stress, if you can manage this, construction zones will pose no threat and you will stay safe. There are also many other tips that one can follow to stay safe and keep others safe in these areas.
- Some construction zone tips include:
- Keep full attention on the roadway in construction zones
- Pay attention to signs and flaggers in construction zones
- Turn on headlights in construction zone to increase your visibility
- DO NOT tailgate, frequent and quick stops are common
- DO NOT speed, speeding greatly increases risks for serious accidents
- Go with the flow of traffic
- Stay in your lane
- DO NOT text or talk on your mobile phone
- Keep your eye on construction workers and machinery
- Maintain patience in construction zones, or choose another route
- Expect delays
If everyone were to simply follow these tips it would greatly reduce the number of accidents, injuries, and deaths related to construction zone accidents. However, this is not a perfect world and people will continue to drive negligently through these work zones. Therefore, our truck accident attorneys are here to help you receive the compensation for your losses due to the negligence of these individuals.
Contact An Experienced Oklahoma Truck Accident Attorney
With offices in Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas, our team of attorneys are ready to help you. We provide over 50 years of combined legal experience, and the tool and resources to handle your personal injury litigation.
The Edwards Firm has won over $100 million in successful verdicts and settlements for our clients; we have the determination and desire to fight for your maximum compensation in the court of law.
To learn more, we welcome you to contact us at 1-800-304-9246 and a member from our intake team will gather the details of your case and refer you to one of our experienced auto accident lawyers.
Begin here by completing the Free Case Review form on this page Its That Easy!